Monday, April 12, 2010

be eco conscience, SHOP cosa verde!

i am very very excited!!  you can now find my eco conscience accessories on the cosa verde site!  i am so flattered to be surrounded by such gorgeous eco talent! THANK YOU cosa verde! see my store here.

it's very important to me that bungaloe be as eco as possible while still being fashionable and reflect the style and designs i like.  i didn't want to sacrifice my aesthetic to fit into the mold of what society thinks an eco-friendly person is, acts or should dress like.  my designs are modern & edgy far - from granola (but there is nothing wrong with that!).  although my parents are hippies at heart my mom always dresses fashionable and my dad always cut his hair.  so it's important to me to stay true to myself.

my parents raised my brother and i to be conscience of the earth, waste, chemicals, eating healthy and so on.  i knew that transfats and preservatives were bad for you almost at birth, my parents found trader joe's like 15 years ago, we composted, recycled, mc donalds was a once in a year thing and lucky charms cereals and the like were a curse word.   so when thinking about starting an accessories line there was no doubt i wanted to try my best to love the earth while making fashion. bungaloe handbags are made from reclaiming leather, my faux leather is eco-friendly, biodegrades and pvc free and my linings are made from organic cotton.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's wondeful! Congratulations!

Orgo Cosmetics said...

This is so cool! Congrats to you! :D

cabin + cub said...

Hooray! Congrats! Off to check out the store... always looking for new green shops and sites to check out. ;)

Jessica Woody said...

Woo hoo, congratulations for joining Cosa Verde! I have my items listed there too...I LOVE this earth-friendly site!

http://cosaverde.com/store/ecofriendlyfreckles/

Please check out my blog, I am bringing you some sunshine with an award!

http://ecofriendlyfreckles.blogspot.com/